Knowing how to clean windows 10 of all of its annoyances will give a boost to your computer’s performance. It is undeniable that Windows 10, the latest update from Microsoft, gives a whole lot of incentives to its users. However, when you first install it, it is bombarded with features and applications that you might not be using. There are some pre-installed games and useless icons. On top of that, some ads pop up any time and it might disrupt whatever it is you are doing with your computer. For computer repair in Malaysia, just bring your laptop, personal computer (PC) and devices to MyComputer Repair and we will fix them for you.
Do not worry because we have ways to get rid of those annoyances. Here are ways to clean windows 10 of all of its annoyances.
Get Rid of Games and Unnecessary Applications
Every Windows 10 installation includes games such as Candy Crush, Farmville, or Bubble Witch. These games are not bad if you are someone who loves them. However, these games can be annoying to those who do not need them.
Here are ways to get rid of Games and Unnecessary Applications:
- Open the “Startup” menu.
- Scroll through the games and applications that you want to delete.
- Right-click on the application, then click “Uninstall”
Remove Windows 10 Bloatware
After deleting games on your computer, there might be some apps that run in the background. This software is called “bloatware”. They don’t do any better functions and yet, they take up space in your storage. They can even affect the performance of your computer.
Here are ways to remove Windows 10 Bloatware:
- Go to the “Control Panel”
- Choose “Uninstall a Program”
- Click “Apps” then “Apps and Features”
- Choose the manufacturer-provided applications that you want to uninstall.
Disable Ads on Your Windows 10
Windows 10 is jammed with advertisements, which might annoy its users. You can see those advertisements almost everywhere. They are in your lock screen, taskbar, even in your Start menu. Since these advertisements are scattered everywhere, disabling them will not be easy.
Here are ways to disable Ads based on their location:
Ads on Lockscreen
Ads pop up on your Windows 10 lock screen if you use Windows Spotlight, here’s how you can disable ads on your lock screen:
- Go “Settings” then click “Personalization”
- Click “Lock Screen” then choose “Picture” or “Slideshow” rather than Windows Spotlight.
Ads from Start Menu
Windows 10 suggests applications on the Start Menu. Unconsciously, they take up space in your computer storage. Here are ways to get rid of Ads from the Start Menu.
- Go to “Settings”
- Click “Personalization”
- Then turn off the“Occasionally show suggestions in Start” option.
Ads on Taskbar
Ads about tips, tricks, and suggestions may pop up on the taskbar. To disable this, follow the steps below:
- Go to “Settings”
- Click “System”
- Choose “Notifications and Actions”
- Turn off the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.
Ads on File Explorer
Nowadays, Windows 10 displays advertisement banners on top of the file explorer. Follow the instructions below to disable them.
- Click the “View” tab to open “File Explorer”
- Click “Options”
- Click the “View” tab at the Folder Options
- Scroll down to the advanced settings
- Turn off the option “Show sync provider notifications”
Declutter Windows 10 Taskbar
Your Windows 10 Taskbar can be jammed with unnecessary icons. Sometimes, your taskbar is cluttered with pinned shortcuts to apps. Declutter your windows 10 taskbar so that you get only the icons that are important.
Here are ways to declutter Windows 10 taskbar:
- Right-click on the icons that you want to remove.
- Then follow the suggested prompts from the options.
- If you want to hide the “Cortana” shortcut, click on the Cortana icon, then choose “Hidden”
- If you want to hide everything else on your taskbar, uncheck the following: “Show Task View Button” “Show People on the Taskbar” “Show Windows Ink Workspace button” and “Show Touch Keyboard Button”
If you want to unpin shortcuts on your taskbar, right-click the icon. Then click the command “Unpin from Taskbar”.
Uninstall OneDrive from Your Windows 10
Microsoft offers the OneDrive cloud as a storage service. It is usually purchased when there is not enough space in your computer storage. To avail of its service, you have to subscribe to it. If you have not subscribed to OneDrive, a popup reminder will appear every time you sign in to your computer. This can be troublesome when you do not want to avail OneDrive service. To stop its reminder from popping up, you need to uninstall it from your computer.
Here’s how to uninstall OneDrive from your Windows 10:
- Go to the “Applications” menu.
- Right-click on “OneDrive” then select “Uninstall”
Make Google Chrome Your Default Browser
Most Windows users prefer using Google Chrome as their default browser instead of Bing or Edge. You can make Chrome your browser as well by installing it. Once you have installed Google Chrome on your computer, set it as your default browser.
Here’s how to make Google Chrome your default browser:
- Go to “Settings”
- Click “Apps” then choose “Default Apps”
- Click the “Web Browser”
- Choose the option “Google Chrome”
You can also pin Google Chrome on your taskbar. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Chrome
- Right-click on its taskbar
- Choose “Pin to Taskbar”
Here’s how to use Google as the default search engine in your Microsoft Edge:
- In your Edge browser, visit Google.
- Click “Menu” then select “Settings”
- Go to “View Advanced Settings”
- Click “Change Search Engine”
- Then set Google as your default search engine
Updates in Windows 10 make productivity way better than its previous versions. However, there are certain annoyances that come with installing Windows 10. Some of the applications are usable, while others may disrupt your productivity. Follow the steps on how to clean Windows 10 of all its annoyances, and you’re on the right track to getting the optimum computer performance.
If you need help with your Windows 10, consult a computer expert. You can find professional computer experts at MyComputer Repair Malaysia. We repair faulty computers, Mac, phones, and iPads. Visit our website at https://www.mycomputerrepair.com.my for more inquiries.